Topamine is a Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF) Solution
- Relieves dental hypersensitivity immediately
• Provides non-invasive treatment
• Simple, one-step treatment
• Tinted blue formula for identification
• Contemporary restorations can be used over treatment site
Indications for Use
• SDF is used for dentin hypersensitivity.
It is intended as a minimally invasive treatment in Paediatrics (for primary dentition), the elderly and those who cannot access or tolerate care.
Silver diamine fluoride is a liquid solution that contains silver, fluoride and ammonia. It has been used for many years as a desensitising agent. When applied to exposed dentin, SDF can penetrate the tooth structure to create a protective layer over exposed dentin tubules and block the transmission of pain stimuli.
• Off label use: Management of caries, particular in high-risk patients. The use of SDF can help arrest the progression of caries. SDF is known to discolour and darken the effected tooth structure. SDF does not affect healthy tooth surfaces.
TGA Listed: ARTG: 330307